More Details | TheVideo | Bhouri 2016 Hindi 1080p Web-HD AVC AAC E...
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

Brainy Quotes (310 views)

senior master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."... Friedrich Nietzsche

master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
@bondojoe One of my personal favourites. Funny, whenever I use it online I get mis-identified as a Nietzsche follower. I feel that many philosophers have something interesting, and something absolutely nuts, none of them are perfect. Philosophy, after all, is just reason and sometimes humans aren't the most reasonable due to prejudice of experience. lol smiley

master
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(1 month ago)
“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”
~ Albert Einstein ~

senior master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
@RAVENOUSbird "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"

master
!

no likes
(1 month ago)
@bondojoe Only when it's a cigar. smiley lol ... are you quoting yourself? lol

senior master
!

no likes
(1 month ago)
@RAVENOUSbird Well, I didn't put Freud down there, because ther's some doubt that he ever actually said it. But if no one can attribute it to him, then I"M claiming it! Maybe I should have put my name after it!

master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
@bondojoe Maybe Groucho Marx did, too? He loved cigars. Dunno! Sounds like it could be Freud with the phallic symbol shaped cigar. smiley

!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
@bondojoe This one is a personal favorite of mine. Comes in handy when I'm over-thinking.

master
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(1 month ago)
@Athb007 Not liking the smell or taste of cigars, I find just simplifying more palatable. Cigars smell like burning sh*te to me. Yuck. haha

“Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.”
~ Confucius ~

!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(1 month ago)
@RAVENOUSbird Trust me, not making life complicated is not simple. smiley

master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
@Athb007 Lol, tell me about it! I believe that's the point of that one. smiley

senior master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
I'd rather be a hammer than a nail
Yes I would, if I only could, I surely would

master
!

no likes
(1 month ago)
@bondojoe That's part of a song! smiley ...By some amazing artists I feel.

senior master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
Yes, it is! But still a Brainy Quote!

master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
“It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old, they grow old because they stop pursuing dreams.”
~ Gabriel García Márquez ~

senior master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" Jim Morrison

top expert
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
If you have 2 loaves of bread sell one and by a lily : Zen master.

senior master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
If you meet the Buddah on the road you must kill him.

master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
@bondojoe That quote actually makes no sense. (PS "Buddah" is spelled Buddha.) smiley

senior master
!

no likes
(1 month ago)
@RAVENOUSbird You are suppopsed to BECOME the Buddha. If you meet him, you are NOT him. Once you are him, you have no further need for him.

master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
~ Aristotle ~

senior master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
@RAVENOUSbird "Intelligence is the ability to take two prviously unconnected ideas, and turn them into a new idea." Bondojoe

master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
@bondojoe Though it's a lovely idea, you run the risk of sounding incredibly narcissistic by quoting yourself. I do not mean that as an insult. smiley

senior master
!

no likes
(1 month ago)
@RAVENOUSbird LOL...I am a narcissist. Isn't everyone?

master
!

no likes
(1 month ago)
@bondojoe No, they are not. smiley

senior master
!

no likes
(1 month ago)
@RAVENOUSbird I must disagree! No offense meant! We are ALL convinced our opinion is superior. "Healthy narcissism is the characteristic of possessing realistic self-esteem without being cut off from a shared emotional life, as the unhealthy narcissist tends to be."

master
!

no likes
(1 month ago)
@bondojoe I don't agree that my opinion is "superior" in any regard.

Healthy self-esteem is what is clearly meant there to me (your quote). smiley

Not narcissism (by definition: extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration, as characterizing a personality type. PSYCHOANALYSIS:self-centredness arising from failure to distinguish the self from external objects, either in very young babies or as a feature of mental disorder).

So it's kind of a misuse of the word narcissism, by whoever coined the phrase. smiley

senior master
!

no likes
(1 month ago)
@RAVENOUSbird LOL! I'm sorry that you don't feel that your opinion is superior. It's that attitude that builds nations. That leads people.

master
!

no likes
(1 month ago)
@bondojoe Why would you be sorry? I'm a very happy, contented person, who listens and connects.

Narcissists, on the other hand, are not and do not care in the slightest for the well being of others. They have grandiose ideas that compromise anyone that gets in their way of getting the attention they crave.

In terms of narcissism, it's a mental illness and more disasters have occurred historically, including murders, than nations being built.

That's sad to me.

senior master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
@RAVENOUSbird I have often wondered how it is that every man loves himself more than all the rest of men, but yet sets less value on his own opinions of himself than on the opinions of others. Marcus Aurelius

master
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(1 month ago)
“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all. ~ Aristotle ~

senior master
!

no likes
(1 month ago)
@RAVENOUSbird " Remember what the doormouse said!" [according to Grace Slick]!

master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
@bondojoe On acid, you mean? Was that before or after she named her child "China Wing" and/or invited political activist Abbie Hoffman to spike President Richard Nixon's tea with 600 micro-grams of LSD and/or chatting with "drunk mouth"?? LOL brilliant song, but that lady is a trip and half and not to be taken seriously in my opinion. smiley smiley smiley

senior master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
@RAVENOUSbird But intresting!!

master
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(1 month ago)
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living or get busy dying."

Tim Robbins character Andy from the movie Shawshank Redemption

senior master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
@TragicMouse🐭 That IS the bottom line! To be or not to be...nice post.

master
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(1 month ago)
@bondojoe Why thank you 😎

master
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(1 month ago)
@TragicMouse🐭 A simple choice that I personally have to negotiate with myself every day on varying levels (eg, eat right, exercise, try to be kind, etc.). Good quote, thank you!

master
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(1 month ago)
@RAVENOUSbird Oh for sure, this is one I live by every time I feel like a whiny b**ch.... smiley Onwards, upwards smiley

master
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(1 month ago)
@TragicMouse🐭 I feel like a "WB" every day, especially when I have to hoover the apartment, like today! haha

master
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(1 month ago)
@RAVENOUSbird I feel like a "WB" at least once a day, I hate the dirty chores......😩

senior master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 month ago)
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."... Steve Jobs

senior guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(2 weeks ago)
“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” —Maya Angelou

senior guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(2 weeks ago)
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” —Albert Einstein

senior guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(2 weeks ago)
‘I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.’

senior guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(2 weeks ago)
‘The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.’

senior guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(2 weeks ago)
Never regret anything that made you smile. – Mark Twain

senior guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(2 weeks ago)
What we think, we become. – Buddha

master
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(2 weeks ago)
When you shine your light, it may hurt the eyes of those who still live in the dark and they may not like it. ...

senior guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(2 weeks ago)
Happiness depends upon ourselves. – Aristotle

senior guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(2 weeks ago)
"Do not confine your children to your own learning, for they were born in another time." ― A Chinese Proverb

senior guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(2 weeks ago)
"Be not afraid of going slowly, be afraid only of standing still." ― A Chinese Proverb

senior guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(2 weeks ago)
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." ― Mother Teresa

master
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(2 weeks ago)
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. Andre Gide

senior guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(2 weeks ago)
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” — Maya Angelou

senior guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(2 weeks ago)
Life is all about pushing through the tough times, believing always that the good times are just around the corner. How we cope with situations is totally up to us. We could either complain about things that don't seem right or look at everything that comes our way as an opportunity. Positive thinking is the key to progress and success in both our personal and professional life.

senior guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(2 weeks ago)
“The desire to reach for the stars is ambitious. The desire to reach hearts is wise.”— Maya Angelou

senior guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(2 weeks ago)
“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”— Albert Einstein

senior guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(2 weeks ago)
“Live life fully while you’re here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You’re going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don’t try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human.”

senior guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(2 weeks ago)
“Try and fail, but don’t fail to try.”
“You haven’t failed until you quit trying.”

senior master
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(2 weeks ago)
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You just might find
You get what you need ... Mick Jagger Happpy 75th , Mick!

senior master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(1 week ago)
"I have not yet begun to defile myself" Doc Holliday

senior guru
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(5 days ago)

“We join spokes together in a wheel,
but it is the center hole
that makes the wagon move.

We shape clay into a pot,
but it is the emptiness inside
that holds whatever we want.

We hammer wood for a house,
but it is the inner space
that makes it livable.

We work with being,
but non-being is what we use.”
― Lao Tzu

senior guru
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(5 days ago)
“Jesus Christ knew he was God.
So wake up and find out eventually who you really are.
In our culture, of course, they’ll say you’re crazy and you’re blasphemous, and they’ll either put you in jail or in a nut house (which is pretty much the same thing).
However if you wake up in India and tell your friends and relations, ‘My goodness, I’ve just discovered that I’m God,’ they’ll laugh and say, ‘Oh, congratulations, at last you found out.”
― Alan W. Watts

senior master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(5 days ago)
Breathe, breathe in the air.
Don't be afraid to care.
Leave but don't leave me.
Look around and choose your own ground.

Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be.

Run, rabbit run.
Dig that hole, forget the sun,
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.

For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave.

senior master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(5 days ago)
@bondojoe :Pink Floyd

senior guru
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(5 days ago)
“A good traveler has no fixed plans
and is not intent upon arriving.
A good artist lets his intuition
lead him wherever it wants.
A good scientist has freed himself of concepts
and keeps his mind open to what is.

Thus the Master is available to all people
and doesn't reject anyone.
He is ready to use all situations
and doesn't waste anything.
This is called embodying the light.

What is a good man but a bad man's teacher?
What is a bad man but a good man's job?
If you don't understand this, you will get lost,
however intelligent you are.
It is the great secret.”
― Lao Tzu

FEEDBACK