Season 6 Episode 3 Wither | Joy Nash | Featured
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

what kinds of dishes you make with corn? (207 views)

guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(3 weeks ago)
I make a corn salad .Does anyone use corn in their dish ?

master
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(3 weeks ago)
@Greg Yes. Corn for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I like it RAW best - right off the COB. Corn Slaw is my favourite DISH mmmmm ya! smiley

guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(3 weeks ago)
@💫ᗩIOᑎᑌE🌻 have you had cornbread and milk for breakfast ?

master
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(3 weeks ago)
@Greg I love me some homemade cornbread but I am lactose intolerant and do not drink milk.

guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(3 weeks ago)
@💫ᗩIOᑎᑌE🌻 Have you tried almond or soy milk ?

master
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(3 weeks ago)
@Greg Yas. I enjoy a good nut milk - Cashew is Da BOMBAA way superior to Almond. Ever try?

guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(3 weeks ago)
@💫ᗩIOᑎᑌE🌻 I drink almond dark chocolate milk by silk. I have not tried cashew milk yet.

master
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(3 weeks ago)
@Greg Oh you MUST try Cashew milk sometime so so good.

expert
!

3 of 4 liked
+2
(3 weeks ago)
the Butthole Surfers liked Creamed Corn.

guru
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(3 weeks ago)
@Unreconstructed got a picture of it?

master
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(3 weeks ago)
@Unreconstructed smiley homemade creamed style corn FTW smiley had no idea that band was so old.

guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(3 weeks ago)
@Unreconstructed OK that's a band

master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(3 weeks ago)
@Greg Yep. i thought they were a 90's band as that is how I remember them but DANG they go all the way back to 1981 (I think) mmhmm.

guru
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(3 weeks ago)
@💫ᗩIOᑎᑌE🌻 corn ! corn! corn! is in the house !

senior guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(3 weeks ago)
My home made cornbread with Amish butter and raw domestic( close to home ) honey. smiley

master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(3 weeks ago)
@1FRAC1 For some reason that reminded me of PA Ginger Snaps oooh so yum. Luv me some ginger root in all forms and miss PA. The Amish make some good stuff.

senior guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(3 weeks ago)
@💫ᗩIOᑎᑌE🌻 So good for ya too! Hoping you have a recipe,send if you do,please..The store here has the big roll's of Amish butter..Mercy good/fresh too..

master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(3 weeks ago)
@1FRAC1 Oh you know it! I've lots of recipes to share and will too. That's what I miss the most about PA just is not the same here. Only and always fresh and organic smiley

guru
!

3 of 3 liked
+3
(3 weeks ago)
@1FRAC1 an iron frying pan makes the best cornbread .Also add a little bit of buttermilk in your corn meal.

senior guru
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(3 weeks ago)
@Greg and dark brown sugar,mercy good

guru
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(3 weeks ago)
has anyone heard of yankee cornbread?

master
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(3 weeks ago)
I definitely need to make some homemade cornbread ASAP my mouth is watering just reading this smiley

guru
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(3 weeks ago)
@💫ᗩIOᑎᑌE🌻 me to!!

guru
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(3 weeks ago)
I forgot to tell you all I make a mean cornmeal dressing smiley

expert
!

no likes
(3 weeks ago)
@Greg You're welcome Greg,
Oh yum, Cornbread Stuffing, the leftovers are the best. My mom made it so good; miss it so much. I never could make it like her.

expert
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(3 weeks ago)
corn in salad and sweet corn chicken soup.

expert
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(3 weeks ago)
I make a Corn Stuffing Dish; there's probably a better name for it, but everyone loves it.

1 reg. size can of whole corn, drained
1 reg. size can of creamed corn
1 box of Jiffy Corn Bread Mix
1 Egg
1 Stick (or half cup) butter or margerine
8 oz Sour Cream
1/4 cup Brown Sugar (Packed)

Preheat oven to 350 F
Grease an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish on bottom and all sides

Melt whole stick of butter on low in medium saucepan. Remove from heat.
Then add all the rest of the ingredients into the pan, and gently mix.
Pour mixture into baking dish

Bake at 350 F for around an hour, until top is light to medium golden brown

Let Cool, but keep warm to serve.

Enjoy!

Cover leftovers with Foil and store in Frig.

I wrote this by heart; hopefully remembered everything. smiley It is Delicious! If anyone tries this, let me know how you liked it. smiley

guru
!

1 of 1 liked
+1
(3 weeks ago)
@StarKissed Thank you! for sharing your corn dish with us!!

guru
!

2 of 2 liked
+2
(3 weeks ago)
Nice recipe,Starkissed.If you need more corn recipes,there are many cooking sites,even the Cooking Network,online,with tons of recipes.I also suspect that there are Southern Cooking websites some where.Some publisher used to put out an excellent Southern Cooking recipe book.There are cornbread recipes with real corn in them.

OH,I had a roommate long ago,who was lactose intolerant,and she drank a special kind of milk that was ok.--Also,there are pills for it,and then you can probably eat the ice cream cone you want.(Or, eat sorbet,or soy-milk ice cream.)There are lots of substitutes for milk now.(Are you allergic to ALL MILK,or just Cow Milk?)

One of my favorite recipes is"Paul Prudommes' cornmeal muffins".and he puts a little sugar,butter,and also corn FLOUR in it.--It is so delectible,it's almost like cake.Would anyone like that recipe here?You can also make corn BREAD with it.thanks for recipe! smiley_

expert
!

no likes
(3 weeks ago)
@clarachan1355

Thanks I just love it,, and it's good as a leftover too.

Back in the day, I was a cooking machine, but now that it's just my animals and I, I really don't cook anymore. Too much mess. Microwaving some instant Oatmeal is about as adventurous as I get. lol

I don't really have a problem with milk products; maybe someone else mentioned that? But I'd rather have frozen Yogurt any day vs Ice Cream. smiley Otherwise I'm good.

!

no likes
(1 week ago)
I put it in my chicken chili.

FEEDBACK